Montgomery Community Media
April 30, 2019 | Michelle Queen
Lightning Strikes Twice: Clarksburg Man Wins Lottery Again
Talk about lucky. A Clarksburg man has won the same lottery game twice in less than two years, according to information posted on the Maryland Lottery website. The man, identifying himself as “Mohamed Hussein” won over $32,000 last year, and this month he won an additional $27,815 playing the Racetrax game. The 63-year-old, who is […]
Engage us on Facebook
Follow us on Twitter
- MCPS Offering Thanksgiving Meal Boxes with Four Days’ Worth of Food for Those 18 and Under Montgomery County Public Schools (MCPS) is distributing meal boxes for Thanksgiving. This year, they are providing four days’ worth of food in the boxes, which will .
- County Imposes Immediate New Restrictions on Gathering Sizes, Mask Mandates Update (Nov. 25): After receiving many questions from residents about Tuesday’s announcement of a new face covering directive, Montgomery County clarified its position. Masks are .
- What’s Open, What’s Not on Thanksgiving Weekend in Montgomery County Here is what is open and closed on Thanksgiving weekend. County offices – closed. State offices and courts – closed. Libraries – closed. Alcohol Beverage Services (ABS) – closed. Recreation .
- RIO Introduces Fire, Igloo Lounges for Holiday Season RIO in Gaithersburg is introducing some exciting, new features for the upcoming holidays. The new fire lounge is set to open Wednesday and the igloo lounges are .
- State Police to Step Up Coronavirus Restriction Enforcement Beginning Wednesday Gov. Larry Hogan announced at Monday’s coronavirus news conference that he’ll be deploying Maryland State Police troopers throughout the counties as “High Visibility Compliance Units.” .
Vote 2015 Quick Links
- Mayor Candidate Statements
- Council Candidate Statements
- Mayor Candidate Statements
- Council Candidate Statements
- Voters Guide
Takoma Park Election
© 2020 Montgomery Community Media. All Rights Reserved.
- / Sign-in
- / Register
Connect with Us
- News Tip Line
- Production Services
- MCM Productions
- Monty Awards 2019
- Training FAQ
- Training Videos
- Upcoming Classes
- Youth Training & Camps
- Volunteer Services
- Facilities Hours of Operation
- Volunteer Toolkit
Sign Up For Our Newsletter
Sign Up For Our Daily Update
Montgomery Community Media (MCM) is the only independent, nonprofit organization providing access to public media (public access television and broadband media) directly to Montgomery County’s over one million residents as well as the resident non-profit organizations, associations and businesses. Our purpose is to engage, educate and empower individuals and the community to express diverse viewpoints.
Montgomery Community Media April 30, 2019 | Michelle Queen Lightning Strikes Twice: Clarksburg Man Wins Lottery Again Talk about lucky. A Clarksburg man has won the same lottery game
$1 Million Lucky 777 Sold in St. Mary’s; $15K Racetrax Winner Still Unclamined in Charles
Support Local Journalism
Thank you for all of your comments, ideas, photos and support!
A red-hot scratch-off overflowing with $1 million in Lottery luck brought a St. Mary’s County man to Maryland Lottery headquarters last week.
The 62-year-old claimed the $1 million top prize in the Lucky 777 scratch-off, which still has five $1 million top prizes remaining. He found his lucky $20 instant ticket at St. Mary’s Gas Station located at 23950 Colton Point Road in Clements.
The St. Mary’s County business is an Expanded Cashing Authority Program retailer, which allows it to cash Lottery scratch-offs up to and including $5,000. The busy location offers customers a choice of 50 scratch-off facings. For selling the top-prize scratch-off in the game, St. Mary’s Gas Station earns a $1,000 bonus from the Lottery. This is its biggest winning scratch-off sale to date.
The Lucky 777 game is a member of the Lucky 7 family of games that went on sale May 18. Players can also play $1 Lucky 7s, $2 Lucky 7s Doubler, $5 Lucky 7s Tripler and $10 Lucky 7s Multiplier scratch-offs.
Scratch-off players in the St. Mary’s County community of Clements, Landover Hills in Prince George’s County and Frederick County’s Woodsboro were the biggest Maryland Lottery winners of the past week.
A ticket purchased in Clements scored a $1 million win, while a scratch-off sold in Landover Hills landed $500,000, and another sold in Woodsboro was a $100,000 winner.
In all, Lottery players won or claimed more than $28.9 million in the seven days ending Sept. 13, including 19 tickets worth $10,000 or more that were either sold or claimed during that span. Included in the count are five big Racetrax winners, all of which were unclaimed as of Sept. 14.
The Maryland Lottery Claims Center in Baltimore is open by appointment only. Lottery prizes up to and including $25,000 can be claimed at five of Maryland’s six casinos with no appointment necessary. Prizes of $25,001 or more must be claimed by appointment at the Lottery Claims Center in Baltimore. More information is available on the How To Claim page of mdlottery.com.
Here is the weekly roundup of big winners:
Scratch-off Prizes Claimed From Sept. 7 through Sept. 13:
$1 Million Prize
- Lucky 777, St. Mary’s Gas Station, 23950 Colton Point Road, Clements
- Bonus Bingo X20, Stop 4 All, 4606 68 th Avenue, Landover Hills
- Lucky 777, Dolfield Convenience Store, 3611 Dolfield Avenue, Baltimore
- Super Ca$h, Middlesex Liquors, 1334 Eastern Boulevard, Essex
- UNO TM, 7-Eleven #11680, 7611 Allentown Road, Fort Washington
- $25,000 Loose Change Multiplier, Best One Food Market, 5908 Seat Pleasant Drive, Capitol Heights
- 2020 Cash, Cambridge Sunoco, 2903 Ocean Gateway, Cambridge
- Lucky 777, Royal Farms #026-E, 18 Dundalk Avenue, Dundalk
- Gold Rush X100, 7-Eleven #21067, 29969 Three Notch Road, Charlotte Hall
- Cash Club, Royal Farms #080-E, 32303 Queen Anne Highway, Queen Anne
- Lucky Bingo, Lucky World, 8521 Liberty Road, Randallstown
- $100,000 Crossword 4 th Edition, Wawa #558-E, 8731 Pulaski Highway, Rosedale
FAST PLAY and Draw Game Tickets Sold for Drawings From Sept. 7 through Sept. 13:
- $10,000 Lucky Numbers ticket sold Sept. 12 at Giant #320, 229 Kentlands Boulevard, Gaithersburg (claimed)
- $63,836.40 ticket sold Sept. 12 at Colesville Beer & Wine, 13468 New Hampshire Avenue, Silver Spring (unclaimed as of Sept. 14)
- $31,840 ticket sold Sept. 11 at Giant #365, 3299 Emmorton Road, Abingdon (unclaimed as of Sept. 14)
- $30,879 ticket sold Sept. 12 at Veirs Mill Exxon, 12245 Veirs Mill Road, Silver Spring (unclaimed as of Sept. 14)
- $21,278.80 ticket sold Sept. 12 at Parkville Shell, 9200 Harford Road, Parkville (unclaimed as of Sept. 14)
- $15,439.50 ticket sold Sept. 12 at Lee’s Market, 4310 Hawthorne Road, Indian Head (unclaimed as of Sept. 14)
$1 Million Lucky 777 Sold in St. Mary’s; $15K Racetrax Winner Still Unclamined in Charles Share this: Support Local Journalism Thank you for all of your comments, ideas, photos and support!