Mega Millions / Powerball Lottery News
Thursday, November 26, 2020
12:26 am – Powerball: There were no jackpot winners and no $1,000,000 winners in the Wednesday, November 25, 2020 Powerball drawing. For the complete rundown of winners by prize category, the drawing video, and all other data about this drawing, see the Powerball Drawing Detail page.
Wednesday, November 25, 2020
- 11:13 pm – Powerball: The official drawing video for Wednesday, November 25, 2020 is now published on the Powerball Drawing Detail page. Be sure to subscribe to our YouTube page and tap the bell icon to be notified when future drawing videos are published. It also helps our page to give our drawing videos a Like!
- 11:03 pm – Powerball: The Wednesday, November 25, 2020 Powerball drawing has taken place, and the results are 02–57–58–60–65, and the Powerball is 26. The Power Play number is 2. To see all the ways your ticket can win a prize, please go to the Ways To Win Powerball page, or you can use the Powerball Search page to type the numbers on your ticket and have the USA Mega computer search the past results. We will announce the number of big winners in this drawing, the states they came from, and the next jackpot within the next couple of hours, here on USA Mega. Good luck!
- 2:40 pm – South Carolina retailer uses lottery commission to feed the hungry for Thanksgiving. More often than not, it’s the prize winners who use their winnings to perform generous acts and good deeds. This Thanksgiving, a convenience store that received a $3,500 commission for selling a lottery ticket worth $350,000 is using those extra funds to give back to the community by providing meals to the hungry.
- 12:10 am – Mega Millions: There were no jackpot winners and no $1,000,000 winners in the Tuesday, November 24, 2020 Mega Millions drawing. For the complete rundown of winners in each of the other prize categories, a list of the California pari-mutuel prize amounts, the drawing video, and all other data about this drawing, see the Mega Millions Drawing Detail page.
Tuesday, November 24, 2020
- 11:25 pm – Mega Millions: The official drawing video for Tuesday, November 24, 2020 is now published on the Mega Millions Drawing Detail page. Be sure to subscribe to our YouTube page and tap the bell icon to be notified when future drawing videos are published. It also helps our page to give our drawing videos a Like!
- 11:09 pm – Mega Millions: The Tuesday, November 24, 2020 Mega Millions drawing has taken place, and the results are 9–15–34–61–64, and the Mega Ball is 6. The Megaplier number is 2. To see all the ways your ticket can win a prize, please go to the Ways To Win Mega Millions page, or you can use the Mega Millions Search page to type the numbers on your ticket and have the USA Mega computer search the past results. We will announce the number of big winners in this drawing, the states they came from, and the next jackpot within the next couple of hours, here on USA Mega. Good luck!
Monday, November 23, 2020
- 10:00 pm – Lottery player wins $100,000 with 20 identical tickets. A North Carolina man played the Virginia Lottery and took a big leap by buying 20 identical lottery tickets. The result? He took home 20 top prizes totaling $100,000.
- 1:20 pm – Kansas Lottery shuts down in-person claims due to rise in COVID-19 cases. Changes to the claims process at the Kansas Lottery are effective today, Nov. 23, due to the rise in COVID-19 cases across the state.
Home of Mega Millions and Powerball multi-state lottery games, with the latest lottery results (winning numbers), jackpot anaylsis, daily lottery news, past drawing history, statistics, powerful lotto search engine, extensive FAQ pages, how to win, and how to play.
Powerball and Mega Millions Make Jackpot Changes
We’ll walk you through them
Last week both Powerball and Mega Millions announced changes to the jackpots and how they increase. Let’s dig in, shall we?
What’s changing about Powerball and Mega Millions?
Basically, jackpots for both games will now be determined on a drawing-by-drawing basis based on ticket sales and interest rates. That means two things are changing:
Jackpots will no longer automatically start at $40 million.
Jackpot increases between drawings will be based on ticket sales. Before this change, Powerball jackpots grew by a minimum of $10 million between drawings and Mega Millions grew by a minimum of $5 million. Now, jackpots will be calculated (based on national ticket sales) and announced before each drawing.
If you’re keeping track. yes, Powerball first announced (slightly different) jackpot changes on March 25. Since then they’ve had to make additional game changes due to the evolving COVID-19 pandemic.
- The changes for Mega Millions start immediately after the drawing on April 7.
- The changes for Powerball start immediately after the Powerball drawing on April 8.
So, if either game has a jackpot winner, the jackpot will “reset” to a new amount that’s based on ticket sales. This amount will be set by the organizations that operate the games—Powerball is run by the Powerball Product Group, and Mega Millions is run by the Mega Millions Consortium.
If there’s NO jackpot winner, the jackpots will increase to a new amount that will be announced before the next drawing. (FYI, Jackpocket has nothing to do with it! We offer the games on our app, but we don’t make the game rules or set the jackpot amounts).
What about changes to other prizes beside the jackpot?
Nope, no other changes at this time! All 6 other cash prizes for both games stay the same. And it’s worth remembering: these changes DO NOT affect odds of winning a prize.
Why are Powerball and Mega Millions making these changes?
Powerball and Mega Millions ticket sales benefit great causes supported by state lotteries. The organizations that operate the games both say these changes are necessary to ensure that ticket sales can cover the jackpot plus other prizes and that the games continue to raise money for good causes.
The value of the Mega Millions jackpot is based on projected sales, and typical sales patterns have been altered because the current health crisis has required people to stay home. these adjustments will allow the states and jurisdictions that sell Mega Millions tickets to continue generating much-needed revenue to support state budgets.
These changes are necessary to ensure that ticket sales can support the Powerball jackpot and other lower-tier cash prizes. Our number one priority is making sure that the Powerball game can continue to assist lotteries in raising proceeds for their beneficiaries.
Are these changes permanent?
We don’t know at this point! The organizations that run each game make the final decisions about changes and how long they last. And since the games are run by different organizations, a change for one doesn’t also mean a change for the other. We’ll keep you updated whenever each group releases new information.
What does this mean for Jackpocket players?
If you have an Autoplay set for Powerball and/or Mega Millions, we recommend that you edit it now. Remove your jackpot threshold or set it to $0 million. That way you won’t miss any drawings under the new changes. If you are someone who’s Autoplay will be affected by game changes, we’ll let you know by email so keep an eye out!
You can also turn on your Jackpocket push notifications or follow us on Twitter. We’ll always keep you posted what the jackpot is.
More from Jackpocket
- PGA Legend John Daly Helps Jackpocket Announce Arkansas Launch
- 7 Ways to Play the Arkansas Lottery on Jackpocket
- $200,000 Jersey Cash 5 Winner Sets Jackpocket App Record
The Jackpocket lottery app is the convenient, fun, and responsible way to play the lottery. We operate out of New York in an office of about 50 people and one Maybelle, our very photogenic office pup. Play now in Arkansas, Colorado, Minnesota, New Hampshire, New Jersey, Ohio, Oregon, Texas, and Washington, DC.
Ready to Play?
Download the Jackpocket app and choose your lucky numbers
Learn about the new jackpot changes for Mega Millions and Powerball and what they mean for you.