Image Picker Wheel – Pick a Random Image by Spinning
1. What Is the Image Picker Wheel?
Image Picker Wheel is a random image generator that will decide a random image from a list of pictures you provide. It is a specialized Picker Wheel focusing on selecting a random picture.
It is created because we know a picture is worth a thousand words. It will make the wheel more interactive with the audiences. For example, a teacher can use this Image Picker Wheel to teach students about animals by inserting all the animal photos in the wheel.
2. How to Use This as a Random Image Generator?
This image wheel will decide a random image from a list of photos you inserted.
This wheel does not function as a typical random photo generator, as it does not has all the predefined photos. It is a general type of random image generator where it supports all image formats and does the image selection from the images you provide.
- Click the “upload image(s)” button.
- Select a single image or multiple images. It accepts all the images format. e.g. png, jpg, gif, and others.
- The images are inserted and displayed in inputs section. You can hide or remove an image by toggling the tick and also the close button.
- Click the “SPIN” button to start spinning the Image Picker Wheel.
- The result will be announced.
- Choose one of the actions for the result selected. Understand the type of action modes at section 3.
- The spin behavior, sound, confetti, and color settings can be changed at the Tool Settings section.
Other features: The images inserted are also stored in the browser’s local storage. So that it reduces your configuration/uploading time when next time you want to use it again.
3. Type of Action Modes
Same as the Picker Wheel, there are 3 actions you can do when the image result is announced.
3.1 Normal Mode
The image selected will still be available next round and all the available image options remain the same as the previous spin.
3.2. Elimination Mode
The image selected will be temporarily eliminated. You can enable it back by toggling the image in the inputs section.
3.3. Accumulation Mode
The count of the image selected will be added +1. By default, all the newly inserted image’s count is zero.
4. Use Cases
These are the several scenarios that we think the Image Picker Wheel will help.
- A kindergarten teacher can do a more interesting lecturing in the classroom with all the kids.
- We can use it in an ice-breaking game. The loser must do the posture the same as the image selected.
- We can use it to decide what food to cook. The food among the top 3 counts will be cooked.
5. Share the App
If you find this image picker wheel useful, we hope you could help us to spread it to your friends and family. When more and more people are using, this will be a great motivation to help us keep going forward. There is a share button at the top right of the page.
6. Feedback Us
We always want to improve the wheel, so that it can fit everyone’s need to solve their daily problem. Please feel free to let us know your feedback.
7. Need a Text-Based Picker Wheel?
If you want a text-based Picker Wheel, you may explore our core Picker Wheel to do random text-based decision.
Image Picker Wheel is a special random image generator to pick a random picture from a list of pictures provided by using a wheel. Interactive and fun.
iOS 14: How to Change Picture on Photo Widget
iOS 14 brought a totally new system of widgets to the home screen. You can now customize the look of your home screen with hundreds of options to choose from. One popular widget is the Photos widget, used to display a photo from your library on your home screen.
The Photos widget is from Apple’s stock Photos app, and it is available in three sizes. The photo displayed changes every hour. However, you are not able to select what photo appears at any given time. Instead, the Photos app dynamically selects a photo to display on the widget for you, so you cannot select what image or images you want to appear.
Apple’s Photos widget allows users to have a rotating photo from their library displayed with no additional effort required. However, if you only want to display a fixed photo, or rotate through a selection of specific photos, you will need to use a third-party app. There are many widget apps that allow you to select photos to display available on the App Store.
One of the more simple apps is called “Photo Widget : Simple.” This app allows you to select up to 30 photos to display on a home screen widget. The app supports all three widget sizes, and you can even set an amount of time before images rotate if you have selected more than one.
The following steps explain how you can set a single photo to display on a widget using Photo Widget : Simple, but other equivalent apps are available.
- Download the Photo Widget : Simple app.
- Open the app.
- Tap the + in the middle of the screen.
- Select the photo you want to display on your home screen.
To add more than one photo to rotate on the widget, simply repeat steps two to four. You may wish to hide the Photo Widget app in the App Library once you have finished creating your widget.
For more information about widgets in iOS 14, see our Home Screen Widgets How To or our full Home Screen Guide.
iOS 14 brought a totally new system of widgets to the home screen. You can now customize the look of your home screen with hundreds of options to…