FL Lottery Offices Reopening For Claim Appointments
The Florida Lottery Office says it is reopening offices for winnings of $5,000 or more claim appointments.
By Skyla Luckey , Patch Staff
Sep 14, 2020 8:15 p m ET
ST. PETERSBURG, FL —If you’re one of the lucky ones to win $5,000 or more via the Florida Lottery as a 28-year-old St. Petersburg man won $2 million in August from a scratch-off ticket, the Florida Lottery announced Monday that offices will be open to the public for claim appointments only starting September 22.
Claim appointments will be offered Tuesdays through Thursdays between the hours of 8:30 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. The first hour of each day will be reserved for players 65 and older, and those with serious underlying medical conditions, said officials.
The Florida Lottery says players must wear a face covering and submit to a mandatory health screening in accordance with Department Of Health and Centers for Disease Control guidelines prior to entering a Florida Lottery office. In an effort to limit the number of people in an office at one time, players are asked to attend their claim appointment by themselves unless they require the assistance of another person for medical reasons.
When claiming a prize, players should follow the below parameters, according to officials:
- Prizes of $250,000 and above can be claimed via appointment at Florida Lottery Headquarters.
- Prizes of $5,000 – $249,999 can be claimed via appointment at any Florida Lottery district office.
- Prizes of $600 – $4,999 can be submitted via drop box at any Florida Lottery office or mailed to any Florida Lottery office for processing.
- Prizes of $599 and below can be claimed at any Florida Lottery retailer.
The closest Florida Lottery district office to St. Petersburg is in Tampa at Centerpoint Business Park, 1911 U.S. Highway 301 North – Suite 170.
Claim appointment requests can be submitted through the Florida Lottery’s website.
FL Lottery Offices Reopening For Claim Appointments – St. Pete, FL – The Florida Lottery Office says it is reopening offices for winnings of $5,000 or more claim appointments.
Tampa lottery office
The deadlines for claiming prizes for Draw, Fast Play, and Scratch-Off games have been extended as follows:
- Winning Draw game tickets for drawings occurring on or after September 24, 2019 and on or before June 20, 2020, must be claimed on or before the 360th day after the winning drawing.
- Claimants of winning Draw game tickets for drawings occurring on or after June 21, 2020, and on or before December 17, 2020, will have up to 360 days to claim prizes depending on the draw dates. For each day after June 20, 2020, the 360-day claim period will decrease by one day until the claim period reaches the statutorily required 180 days. For a complete listing of applicable draw dates with associated extended claiming deadlines, please click here.
- Winning Fast Play and Scratch-Off tickets must be claimed on or before the 240th day after the announced end of game for games ending on or after January 22, 2020 and on or before August 1, 2020.
For more information on the documents needed to claim a prize, click here . For more information on Lottery
secured drop boxes, click here.
Tampa lottery office The deadlines for claiming prizes for Draw, Fast Play, and Scratch-Off games have been extended as follows: Winning Draw game tickets for drawings occurring on or after