Tn lottery claim form
Currently, the Nashville Headquarters claim center and the claim centers at the district offices in Chattanooga, Knoxville and Memphis will be open for walk-in claims, Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Claims by appointment are discontinued.
- Do not enter a claim center if you are feeling sick or if you have been exposed to a person with a confirmed case of COVID-19.
- Only one person is allowed in the claim center at any time.
- Please practice social distancing while waiting to claim.
Players who win prizes of $200,000 or more must claim their prize at the Nashville Headquarters.
Players can claim prizes less than $600 at any of our retailer locations.
Prizes of $600 or more can be claimed by mailing in the actual signed winning ticket (no copies accepted) with appropriate documentation and a completed claim form to P.O. Box 290636, Nashville, TN 37229-0636.
Reminder: All claims for drawing-style tickets must be made or postmarked (if mailed) within 180 days after the official winning draw date for that ticket and 90 days after the announced game end date for instant tickets.
Click here for the updated How to Claim information.
To contact us with all other questions, please click here.
Frequently Asked Questions
Congratulations! Please Click Here for this information.
For instant games, the winner has 90 days from the announced end of game. For drawing-style games, players have 180 days after the date of the drawing to claim their prize for a winning ticket.
Yes, Lottery prizes can be shared. Winners can decide how to share the prize before they claim it. However, the Tennessee Education Lottery (TEL) will only issue one check for any prize won. The check can be issued to an individual, corporation, organization, partnership, trust, or estate. Any non-individual claim must provide documentation of authority to the TEL before the prize is paid. The TEL will accept Internal Revenue Service (IRS) Form 5754 if a group of individuals is claiming a prize. The form must be provided at the time the prize is claimed, and each of the group members will be subject to all applicable federal, state, and debt setoff withholdings and identification requirements. Please go to www.irs.gov to obtain instructions and Form 5754 prior to arriving at TEL.
Yes. The State of Tennessee does not tax lottery winnings, but prizes are subject to federal income taxes. For more information, please contact the Internal Revenue Service at 1-800-829-1040 or www.irs.gov
In accordance with the Tennessee Education Lottery Implementation Law, the Tennessee Education Lottery Corporation releases the name, home state, and hometown of winners if an eligible request is received for such information.
A person who wins a Powerball, Mega Millions, or Lotto America jackpot has 60 days from the date the player becomes entitled to the prize to choose either the lump sum or annuity payment. Annuity payments for the Powerball, Mega Millions, and Lotto America jackpots will be paid in 30 graduated annual payments.
A Lottery prize is just like any other asset. You can pass any remaining annuity payments on to your heirs or to anyone else.
Lottery tickets are bearer instruments, just like cash. If you lose your ticket, anyone can claim it. It is always wise to sign your ticket immediately after purchase to identify it as yours and to help prevent someone else from cashing it, in the event that it is lost or stolen.
Tn lottery claim form Currently, the Nashville Headquarters claim center and the claim centers at the district offices in Chattanooga, Knoxville and Memphis will be open for walk-in claims,
Private: How to Claim
Lottery Player Claim Checklist
- SIGN your ticket at time of purchase.
- Check your ticket BEFORE leaving the store to make sure you have the correct ticket or replacement ticket.
- Check all of your instant and drawing-style tickets to see if you are a winner BEFORE handing it to a Lottery retailer. Just scan it at one of our Lottery ticket checkers located in most of our 5,000 retailer locations. Or, download our TN Lottery App with ticket-checker, and see if you are a winner using your mobile device. Available free at the App Store in iTunes or Android Google Play.
- You can also check your drawing-style tickets by finding winning numbers at tnlottery.com, in major state newspapers, or via our Player Services Hotline.
- When a Lottery retailer validates your ticket, watch the Lottery screen for important information.
- Listen while your ticket is validated. If your ticket is a winner, the terminal will play one of three musical tunes.
- Ask your retailer for a copy of the validation receipt after cashing your ticket.
- All instant tickets must be claimed 90 days after the official end of game date.
- All drawing-style tickets must be claimed within 180 days after the drawing date on which the prize was won.
- The Tennessee Lottery is not liable for lost, stolen or damaged tickets.
Follow us on social
- Instagram Opens a new window
- Facebook Opens a new window
- Twitter Opens a new window
- Youtube Opens a new window
TN Lottery Mobile App
- Tennessee Lottery IOS App Opens a new window
- Tennessee Lottery Android App Opens a new window
© Tennessee Education Lottery Corporation 2020.
Private: How to Claim Lottery Player Claim Checklist SIGN your ticket at time of purchase. Check your ticket BEFORE leaving the store to make sure you have the correct ticket or