Life at the Tennessee Lottery
The Tennessee Lottery recruits, develops and retains talented, highly qualified, hard-working individuals who help make a difference for students and their families throughout Tennessee. Employment opportunities within our organization run the gamut, from entry level to highly skilled executive business professionals. We strive to create a culture of inclusion, good corporate citizenship and well-being for our employees.
The Tennessee Lottery is and always has been deeply committed to empowering a diverse workforce at all levels. It’s a critical component of our success as a corporation and ingrained into our DNA. From hiring practices and our college intern program, to training programs and other educational activities that enable minority-owned businesses to compete for contracts on an equal basis, we walk the walk in our commitment to diversity.
Tennessee Lottery employees consistently participate in corporate initiatives designed to give back to the community. Whether through our annual gift-giving programs and food drives, or activities such as reading to young students and mentoring others, we share our time and talents with those in our community.
Careers Life at the Tennessee Lottery The Tennessee Lottery recruits, develops and retains talented, highly qualified, hard-working individuals who help make a difference for students and
Tn lottery jobs
Tennessee Education Lottery Knoxville, TN
- Tennessee Education Lottery
- $33,000 – $50,000 a year
- The primary purpose for this position is to maximize the sale of lottery tickets through effective account management for established and prospective retailers.
- The following duties are normal for this job and should not be construed as exclusive or all-inclusive.
- Other duties may be required and assigned.
- Ensures that all TEL sales goals and requirements are consistently met at the retailer level
- Recruits potential retailers and follows-up on the application process
- Promotes and merchandises lottery products at retailer locations within an assigned geographic area
- Train retailers with reference to the sale of lottery products and the operation of related equipment
- Functions as the TEL’s primary contact for all TEL departments at the retailer level
- Responsible for communication between retailers and TEL departments as required
- Responsible for investigation, collection and/or resolution of retailer debts as requested by management
- Monitors and trains retailers in Inventory Reconciliation
- Establishes and maintains excellent rapport with retailers
- Motivates and educates retailers and players
- Implements promotional activities, including the delivery and placement of signage and materials
- Coordinates and monitors retailer in-store promotions
- Participates and assists in special events and promotions, including site set-up, site breakdown and the sale of Lottery products
- Maintains complete and accurate records as required by management
- Responds to questions, concerns and requests for information by email, telephone, in person or by mail from retailers and players
- Delivers and picks up instant tickets as directed by management
- Maintains records and ensures that company assigned vehicle is serviced at designed intervals
- Utilizes and maintains a company assigned Lottery vehicle to conduct Lottery business which requires a valid Tennessee Driver’s License.
- Ensures the vehicle is serviced at designated intervals and completes all required vehicle documentation
- High School Diploma or GED is required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Marketing or related field preferred.
- Two or more years of sales, promotion and merchandising experience; or any equivalent combination of education, training, and experience which provides the requisite knowledge, skills, and abilities for this job required.
- Must be able to travel intra-state using company vehicle.
- Must maintain a valid Tennessee Driver’s License at all times.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; demonstrate dexterity, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- The characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties of this position.
- This job operates in a professional office environment.
- This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, and fax machines.
- The noise level in the office is usually moderate.
- The Tennessee Education Lottery Corporation is a Drug Free Workplace and an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, the TEL may provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages both prospective and current employees to discuss potential accommodations with the Human Resources Management staff.
- Job Type: Full-time
- sales, promotion & merchandising: 2 years (Preferred)
- Get job updates from Tennessee Education Lottery
- Let employers find you
- Let Employers Find You
- Sales Representative – Knoxville (Tri-Cities Area) Show Full Description
Posted 2 years ago Inactive Job
Tennessee Education Lottery employs Sales Representative – Knoxville (Tri-Cities Area) at their Knoxville, TN. Details: Implements promotional activities, including the delivery and placement of signage and materials