Where to Find the ‘U-Pick’ Farms in the Yakima Valley
Instead of growing your own garden or orchard, why not take advantage of everyone else’s? The Yakima Valley is home to the best produce anywhere in the world. Many farms like making it an interactive experience to pick your own fruit. Here’s a list of place that offer a u-pick produce.
All Natural U Pick
11901 Zier Road in Yakima
3141 W. Wapato Rd in Wapato
Bill’s Berry Farm
3674 N. County Line Rd in Grandview
600 Arrowsmith Rd in Sunnyside
2701 Lateral “A” in Wapato
4906 Summitview Ave. in Yakima
9535 Old Naches Hwy. in Naches
If we left out any, post them in the comments below.
Instead of growing your own garden or orchard, why not take advantage of everyone else's? The Yakima Valley is home to the best produce anywhere in the world.
Yakima Valley’s Best U-Pick Farms
Nothing is better than a crisp apple plucked right off tree, or popping a freshly-picked blueberry into your mouth. Bring the whole family to the Yakima Valley for a U-Pick farm experience they will never forget! Attend a local Farm Festival celebrating the harvest, or take a wagon ride and a picnic on the farm, or simply take a relaxing stroll through the orchards. You will find an abundance of fruit and produce all throughout the Yakima Valley, from strawberries to cherries to peppers to pumpkins and so much more! Click here for a harvest schedule of when each fruit or vegetable is estimated to be ripe, and to map your visit to the Yakima Valley U-Pick farms. Be sure to call the farm before you visit the farm to make sure that the weather has not affected the ripening of the fruit!
All Natural U Pick – Yakima. This family friendly U-Pick fruit and veggie farm features cherries, apricots, peaches, raspberries, blueberries, blackberries, apples, pears, plums, pluots, pumpkins, basil, squash, cantaloupe, watermelon, strawberries, tomatoes and peppers are available. In addition to U-Pick, they will pick your fruit and veggies for you while you picnic on the grounds and the kids play with the available toys. Here is their tentative harvest schedule, but for more information on harvest check their Facebook page.
- Raspberries will be available starting June 11th.
- Cherries by the 4th of July.
- Blueberries in mid-July.
- Apples, kinds of Galas, Red Delicious, Braburn pie apples and pears are ready from late July through October.
Barrett Orchards – Yakima. Come visit the Big Red Barn gift shop and take the self guided interpretive trail under the cherry trees.
- U-Pick Cherries will start by June 26 th . Cherries for purchase available June 10 along with Klicker strawberries.
- For sale but NOT U-Pick apricots, peaches, nectarines, pears, and apples mid august. Apple boxes can also be shipped.
Bill’s Berry Farm – Grandview. This family owned and operated U-Pick farm offers strawberries, several varieties of sweet cherries, organic blueberries in June and July, and apples, pumpkins, squash and Decorative Gourds in September and October. They also have free admission to their many annual festivals celebrating featured U-Pick fruit, along with a BBQ, hot fresh donuts, barnyard train rides, pony rides, live music and hayrides are available on most festival days. Kiddos can play in the tree fort and tractor play grounds. Check their Facebook page for up-to-date availability and hours.
- Strawberry Jamboree: Saturdays, May 20, 27, Memorial Day Monday, June 3, 10. 9am to 5pm
- Cherry Festival: The last Friday & Saturday of June, 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Blueberry Daze Festival: The first Friday & Saturday in July, 9a.m. to 5p.m.
- Apple and Pumpkin Festival: The last two Saturdays in September and all Friday and Saturdays in October 10a.m. to 5p.m. Squeeze your own fresh apple cider on their presses.
- Christmas Trees on the Farm: U-Pick your Christmas Tree! Friday and Saturday of Thanksgiving weekend and the following two Friday and Saturdays. 10 a.m- 7 p.m.
Blueberry Hills Berries – Wapato. Looking for organic blueberries that are large and juicy? This is the place. Three generations have farmed this land, and are dedicated to providing quality organic berries where families can come to pick. After picking your fresh berries, be sure to cool down with a delicious, dairy and gluten free berry sorbatto. Yum!
- Organic Blueberries: Mid June through August (15 different varieties)
- Raspberries: Late June through August
- Blackcaps: Late June through August
- Blackberries: July through August
Johnson Orchards – Yakima. Step back in time and enjoy the beauty of the orchard in the middle of the city! Visit the Johnson Family’s original 1916 fruit packing warehouse and sample their delicious fruit.
- U-pick Apricots and peaches will be available Mid-July.
- Cherry Season. Cherries will NOT be available for U-Pick this season. Ripening Mid June – Late July, Johnsons Orchards grows Bing, Rainier, Van, Lapin, Skeena and Sweetheart varieties. You can sample and purchase sorted, washed and packaged cherries.
- For sale but NOT U-Pick are pluots, plums, pears and apples in mid- Aug. Fruit sold by the pound, box or bin. Gift boxes are available in season.
Thompsons Farm – Naches. Jump aboard the wagon for a ride to the orchards on the weekends. On weekends that they do not have U-Pick, fruit will be available for purchase at the Thompson Farm Market on Highway 12 in Naches. This year the cherry crop is expected to be light, usually there are only 2 weekends for picking. U-Pick is available on weekends as each variety ripens, between June 15 and October 31. Join their email list or check the website to know when the fruit is ripe for the picking.
- Cherry harvest, late June through mid-July. Offering Bing, Rainier, and two kinds of pie cherries.
- Peach harvest, mid-August through mid-September. If you are looking for a certain type of peaches for canning or eating, Thompson’s Farm grows a large variety of peaches, including Donut, Red Havens, Rosa, Delp Hale, Slappy, Suncrest, Redglobe, White, and many more
- Pear season, second half of August. Pears for U-Pick are red and green Bartlett, and Bosc.
- Apples, Reds, Goldens, Romes, and several other varieties in smaller amounts.
- Pumpkins, Squash, Gourds: October
Imperial’s Garden – Wapato. The place to pick your vine-ripened tomatoes! With over 1,600 acres that grow a large variety of produce, the Imperial family offers some of the widest variety of produce in the Yakima Valley, including hot peppers and eggplant. Make sure to bring your own containers.
- Harvest season for tomatoes, peppers, eggplants start in August and lasts until October.
Krueger Family Pepper Gardens – Wapato. Come pick a peck of peppers! Featuring an incredible variety of certified organic fruits and vegetables including over 80 varieties of hot and sweet peppers, 15+ varieties of tomatoes (including heirloom), 10+ varieties of melons, 10+ varieties of winter squash, eggplant, green beans and juice grapes. Onions, apples, potatoes, pears, peaches and nectarines are also available.
- U-Pick peppers usually ready the first of August.
If you’re craving the sweet taste of freshly-picked fruit, or just want to come experience life on the farm, come visit the Yakima Valley and enjoy a U-Pick fruit and produce experience like nowwere else!